Welcome PULP Fragrances to our Indie Marketplace! Elizabeth takes inspiration from horror comics, cult classics, campy paperbacks, pulp magazine covers and more. These scents are handmade in Toronto, Ontario and we have them here for you to enjoy. Elizabeth is the perfumer, founder, owner, operator, and wearer of all the hats at PULP Fragrance.
I'm good at a lot of things, but writing bios is sadly not one of them. So, instead of About Me wording, here are a few things to know about me, in not particular order:
- at age 9 I swapped bedrooms with my brother solely because there was a gardenia bush flowering outside his window and I wanted to fall asleep smelling gardenias
- am a literal 'rat bastard' (born out of wedlock in the in Year of the Rat
- did circus school in my 20s and worked in the circus for over 15 years before opening PULP Fragrance
- own multiple framed portraits of Vincent Price - will always go to bat for the Oxford Comma
- have a musical-inspired tattoo on my body, but I will not tell you what musical or where it's located
One of the things I think I'm pretty darn good at is creating scents. This perfume oil sample set is a mix of bestsellers, from the very 1st days of PULP to more recent runaway hits:
Bewitching Amber - A darker take on classic amber with labdanum, non-gourmand vanilla, woody vetiver, pine bark, cardamom & sandalwood musk.
Death Moon - Bergamot, artemesia, pink pepper, Brazilian rosewood accord, Damask rose, styrax resin, opoponax, white patchouli & silken musk.
Eagle Hill Cemetery - An ivy-covered mausoleum, old paving stones, cool damp soil, a creaky iron gate, faded bouquets, & the spark of a match freshly-lit to see your way.
Portrait of Josette - Ethereal white amber, dry wood of a long-abandoned seaside house, a hint of orris, and the lingering memory of jasmine perfume.
Sonnet X - Black vanilla, white amber, and a single snowdrop pressed between the pages of an old album.