Cream Tea

Feb 21, 2019 - 9:43 PM

• Hi all! Many small restaurants struggle to compete with larger chains, making it difficult for them to survive. However, by partnering with Grubhub, these local eateries gain access to a wider audience, significantly expanding their customer base. For those who want to join them, you can find grubhub customer service number or contact them in any other way, and they will provide clear instructions on how to do this, and even the smallest cafe can attract more customers.

• hey

This post was edited Nov 10, 2023 01:29PM
  • It seems like you're describing how a particular fragrance or scent behaves on your skin. In your case, it primarily smells like scones and jam, which sounds delicious and sweet. However, you mention that someone else experienced it differently, with more of a chai tea scent. This difference in scent perception can often be attributed to individual skin chemistry, as fragrances can interact differently with each person's skin and body chemistry. This is why the same fragrance can smell differently on different people, hence your mileage may vary (YMMV). Skin chemistry can influence the way fragrances develop and the notes that become prominent, making fragrance experiences quite personal.

This post was edited Oct 26, 2023 05:19AM
  • IN THE BOTTLE: I get like... The tiniest hint of burnt sugar, but there's this cool sweetness underneath it that almost smells astringent. Weird.

ON THE SKIN: I've had a hard time describing this one. I wrote my initial notes - and then ended up not going off them at all while writing the actual review. And after I wrote the review, I wasn't happy with it, so I re-wrote it. And now i'm rewriting it again. So... Let's see if I can get it this time.

The first note I get is, most definitely, the burnt sugar. It was the first note I got when I tried it on straight out of the mail, too - and, at the time, it was so overpowering I could hardly smell anything else. Was downright acrid. After over a week of rest, it's mellowed some, but is still largely at the forefront, nutty and charred and a little bitter. Underneath it, I get a general kind of foody sugary sweetness, where it's harder to say what it is - the scones? The honey? The chai tea? - but I DEFINITELY can detect the raspberry jam. That being said, the jam isn't overwhelming - it just gives the scent a kind of fruity, bright, slightly tart edge. After about 10 minutes, I can smell the musk - humid and slightly sharp, as white musk tends to be on me.

There's a creaminess to the whole scent from the milk note, and I definitely get some foody spices... But I couldn't pick out anything that particularly reads 'tea' to me, y'know. Dries down to, basically, softly-sweet scone and a hint of that nutty burnt sugar.

This has some good sillage when wet - could smell it from at least a foot away - but wears closer to the skin on the drydown.

• On me Cream Tea is lovely. Chai is comfort food for me so I was really excited for this one. It’s warm and comforting with the creamy, warm chai milk released first with a tad of honey following. I want the raspberry but I have to wait. Burnt sugar and scones come out and my nose still doesn’t find the jam. About an hour after application I get whiffs of raspberry jam. I want more!!! I really like this and I’m glad I got 5ml size.

• On me this is mostly just scones and jam but it’s very yummy. I’ve seen another person mention they mostly just got the chai tea so ymmv with skin chemistry!