How to choose a car?

Aug 18, 2023 - 9:32 PM

• Quick reply
  • Choosing a car to buy is a very difficult task because each brand has its pros and cons. That's why I'm still looking for my perfect car. I thought that choosing a car was not that difficult, but I have several options and I still can't decide on one of them. So I plan to rent a car on the site: https://rental24.co.uk/sweden/vaxjo-airport to try it out during my next trip. I hope this option will help me decide on the car brand and model faster.

• Hi to all! I agree with your opinion! Choosing your own car is a responsible matter. You need to be careful when choosing a car. I would advise you to first consider what functions and requirements you have for the machine. And then you need to choose a brand. You can watch many videos about the advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I prefer Japanese cars. After all, I believe that https://depositphotos.com/vectors/japanese-wave.html are reliable and high-quality machines.

This post was edited Sep 4, 2023 04:22PM
  • When choosing a car, it was important to find the perfect combination of functionality and reliability for hunting. After reading post https://www.agmglobalvision.com/worst-cars-for-hunting, I learned which cars should not be chosen. Some models were found to be heavy and bulky, making off-road travel difficult. Post stressed the importance of maneuverability, reliability and good visibility. This information has become indispensable help, helping to avoid unnecessary mistakes and make the right choice for a successful hunt.

• Thanks for the helpful tips on choosing a car. Personally, I think it's really better to look at good used cars these days and I recommend you read this content. On the DriveAxis website you will find a large selection of used cars of the most popular brands and you can buy any car at very competitive prices. This is a great solution especially if you are looking for your first car.

• Many countries of the world have national auto brands. And despite the fact that each individual manufacturer had individual successes and failures, they all form “associative agglomerations” based on the principle of belonging to countries.

Advantages of the Germans

High quality body materials, as well as interior trim, both in the junior models and in the premium ones.
    Solid and strict design, which is relevant even for sports models.
    High reliability and manufacturability of units, components and mechanisms.
    High comfort, ergonomics and interior equipment.
    Prestige.
    Flaws

High cost of purchase, maintenance and operation.
    Low liquidity - as a rule, German cars quickly lose value (30% -40% in the first 3 years of operation), but there are exceptions.
    Advantages of the French

Original exterior and interior designs. The concept of cars is designed in a pan-European style, but there is a certain “modernity”.
    Reliable and economical diesel engines.
    Galvanization of bodies is perhaps one of the best.
    Flaws

Gentle automatic and robotic gearboxes, periodically experiencing difficulties in Russian operating conditions.
    Problem electrical and electronics - often located in places where moisture accumulates. This is especially true for cars over 10 years old.
    Advantages of Italians

Unique design. If the Germans are “classic” and the French are “modern”, then the Italians are a synergy of “rococo”, “constructivism”, and also “kitsch”, but vice versa. Almost any car, from Ferrari and Lamborghini to Alfa Romeo and Lancia, is close to the status of a work of art. There are other examples, but they are rare.
    Durable and efficient motors.
    Flaws

Relatively high cost of repair and maintenance due to low popularity in Russia.
    Low liquidity for the same reason.
    Advantages of the Japanese

High reliability of the units.
    Affordable prices for repairs and maintenance.
    Legendary Japanese high-tech.
    Excellent price/quality and price/equipment ratios - often for the same amount, cars are offered that are somewhat superior to Western competitors.
    Flaws

Manufacturability is also a minus, which increases the cost of repairs and maintenance.
    Mediocre sound insulation - Western classmates cars often win in this regard.
    Advantages of Koreans

Quality and reliability at the level of European cars.
    Relatively affordable prices - usually 5% -15% cheaper than direct competitors from Europe and Japan.
    Low prices for spare parts, repairs and maintenance.
    A variety of designs - depending on the brand and model, you can find cars with branded Asian features to European-style cars. But the latter currently prevail.
    Flaws

Cheap interior trim materials (relative to European competitors).
    Prestige - for most motorists, European and Japanese brands are more attractive in this parameter.
    Advantages of the Chinese

An attractive design that is not inferior to competitors - everything is no longer the same as it was at the time the Chinese cars appeared on the Russian market.
    Manufacturability and good equipment - see the previous paragraph.
    Low acquisition, maintenance and repair costs.
    Flaws

Weak engines and not always successful motor-gearbox combinations.
    Poor build quality and interior materials.
    Advantages of Americans

Spectacular appearance - although in terms of design, some models are adapted to the European market, the recognizable features of American cars cannot be taken away from them. For example, massiveness, relief, rapacity.
    Space - although the interior of American cars is usually not as rich as that of European classmates, but there is traditionally a lot of space in the cabin.
    Comfortable and fairly reliable suspension.
    A wide range of real SUVs with large, powerful and noisy engines.
    Flaws

Moderate corrosion resistance.
    Low quality interior finishing materials.
    Advantages of the Swedes

A high level of safety is the first thing Swedish cars are famous for. And not only Volvo, but also the products of the abolished Saab.
    Solid, but at the same time dynamic and Scandinavian formidable appearance.
    High quality interior trim, discreet and concise, but refined design.
    Very reliable and durable main units and assemblies.
    Flaws

The high cost of spare parts and the high cost of maintenance and repair.
    Low liquidity due to unpopularity (for comparison: in 2021, BMW sold almost 5 times more cars than Volvo).
    Advantages of the British

High reliability of the main units and assemblies. There is a reverse stereotype, and it did not appear out of nowhere - once upon a time, cars of several British brands occupied high positions in the anti-ratings of authoritative organizations for analyzing the quality and reliability of cars. But today there is not a single British car.
    The special exterior design is unique, thoroughbred.