• Forums
  • Sucreabeille Reviews
  • Assbutt and Driver Picks the Music... reviews (also 100% That Bitch, even though it breaks the theme)

Assbutt and Driver Picks the Music... reviews (also 100% That Bitch, even though it breaks the theme)

Apr 15, 2021 - 1:11 AM

• Assbutt update:

Okay I like this one even more than DPtMSShC, it's... delicious. I keep smelling myself. My cat is less enthusiastic (his favorite closed bottle to sniff has been 100% That Bitch, oddly, the opposite of his brother's reaction), but I am LOVING this one.

Before, opening the bottle it was very heavy on the incense and I couldn't really detect the marshmallow. Now that it's had time to settle after shipping, in bottle it smells a little more even-- the incense is still the first note and the strongest in-bottle, but the tuberose holds its ground, and while I wouldn't have been able to name 'toasted marshmallow', there's a sweetness there.

Fresh on the skin, though? Oh, that's when it went from 'nice' to 'AMAZING'. The incense keeps it feeling more gender neutral, and really complements the tuberose beautifully, and tuberose is a floral I do really enjoy, but it's that hint of marshmallow that REALLY keeps me leaning in and taking another sniff. It's softer than the other notes at first, and it's not until it's on my skin and warmed up a bit that it really blooms and joins the party, but once it does, it is downright addictive. If DPtMSShC was inviting? Assbutt grabs me by the collar and reels me in for another sniff.

As it dries down on me, the incense and tuberose scents meld together into something that feels suitably masculine but pleasantly floral, great springtime scent-- and the toasted marshmallow (and the marshmallow does smell TOASTED, I don't know how but I'm loving it) is this really nice little touch that sometimes comes forward a little but mostly hangs back, tantalizes you with a hint but makes you come in for more. Would wear this on a date, in non-pandemic times.

(also, final thoughts on DPtMSShC-- fades out really nicely at the end of its wear time. Has a good amount of throw for a perfume oil, lasted on me all evening. I smelled good when I went to bed, that's a win.)

• Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole update:

Has mellowed a bit so that even just in bottle I get more of the notes rather than just feeling slapped in the face with LEATHER. Feels brighter, but still grounded firmly in Man territory. In bottle, my sister's cat finds this one FASCINATING. He sniffs at all my scents whenever I get something new because he loves to give his opinions on a smell, and this one was by far his favorite.

Fresh on my skin? Even better. The leather is prominent but I can now sniff out a little the peach, the night air. It's got a real inviting quality. I wasn't sure how I was going to smell 'salt', but I kind of get it-- mixes with 'night air' to feel kind of coastal. Aldehydes are there, though I wouldn't be able to name them if I hadn't seen it listed-- which I think is good, they add something subtle that picks the whole scent up. REALLY happy with how this one wears on me and loving that I do get more of the peach.

On the dry-down, it's really nice-- has a really pleasant peachy sweetness, and the aldehydes definitely like my skin chemistry, so it gets this little bright pop, but the leather is still there underneath, so I get the notes I want without it going too femme on me. I can definitely see myself dabbing this one on a lot this summer, because it's got a great summer vibe and unfortunately I am a Dean Winchester-Coded Trans Man so I have to love it. Once the scent fades just a little, it's got a gentleness that kind of welcomes you to lean in and breathe in a little more.

• I have yet to let both scents mellow, and will update with full reviews for how they work on my skin, but I got more than a little excited, so I want to post my first impressions now. I only go for indie perfumes and as a trans guy, I've been wanting to push my scent collection more masculine, so when a friend recommended Sucrabeille, I dove in, poked around, and settled on some things to try.

Assbutt: Definitely myrrh forward in the bottle on arrival, but that's not a bad thing. As incenses go, this is one of the better ones for me. I am hoping that more of the marshmallow note will come out for me as I'm into those foodie scents, but I definitely feel confident about wearing this one. The fact that the incense notes are the strongest pushes it into a nicely gender-neutral territory. I get a little of that tuberose coming through but the incense keeps it from feeling too feminine.

Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole: In bottle on arrival, it's VERY leather-forward! Again, bodes well for something that's going to feel masculine on me, though I hope more of the peach comes out for me in future because it is my favorite fruit. I do detect that aldehyde note, though, like it's not just The Leather Show. Looking forward to seeing how this one transforms on the skin for sure.

100% That Bitch: Okay, so I KNEW this one was going to be highly femme, yes. But how could I resist a name like that? Right out of the bottle I'm getting the freesia and apricot, along with what truly can only be described as the most expensive face cream I've ever seen-- that descriptor is DEAD ON. This one I got a sample of just because I knew I would enjoy sniffing it, not because I would necessarily wear it out, but like... it's REAL nice, very pretty, very sweet.

(I got a freebie sample of So Get This, which was very lovely-- I absolutely CANNOT do coriander, but every single note in that perfume is something my little sister loves in a scent, so I was able to pass that on to her, and when I update with how these work on the skin I'll try and get her review of that to share. It felt appropriate that when I ordered the Dean scent, I could give her the Sam one, and she was excited to try it out-- said the first sniff was very much as advertised and it should wear great on her)