Tyrion

Mar 4, 2019 - 8:39 PM

• I bought this sample as I've seen several people talk about it in the FB group. Wow! I've tried a few dozen indie perfumes, but this is now in my absolute favorites. The fig is just amazing and it mellows quite nicely. I don't know what category I'd put this into...gourmand? Sorta, but I love it.

• First of all, this scent should have had notes of tits and wine. Getting past that, this is a very green leathery scent. I'm not getting too much vanilla, but it's probably in there brightening the overall mixture. My husband described it as pungent when I first put it on, but it calms down after 20 ish minutes. He was also able to smell me from 6+ feet away when he usually has to get close. So high throw. As usual, my skin bumps up the leather. (5/10). I layered this one with Sansa as well and it evened it out to my liking, (8.5/10).

• IN THE BOTTLE: Suuuuper duper green fig, and that's basically it.

ON THE SKIN: This was the first scent that I got from Suc that I took a whiff of and audibly went 'ooooh!' because I liked it so much - I don't own anything else that smells like this. (That's probably because this is my first fig perfume, but I digress.)

The fig is really, really green - wet, juicy, humid green-ness. If someone made me sniff it and asked me what it was blind, i'd probably guess some super-heady freshly-cut grass. The leather is just behind it, and is absolutely delectable: it smells like if you walked into a barn and stuck your face against a horse and just breeeeathed it in. They aren't kidding when they call that leather 'fresh'.

The scent reminds me of something that I had a little bit of trouble placing, but: you ever been on those tours of like, settlements from the 1600's? Historic cabins where you could see how people in The Colonies lived? This smells like those tours, if that makes sense. Like the inside of those cabins. Rustic, animalic, outdoorsy. It's great.

It dries down to the vanilla that, genuinely, smells like soft vanilla bean ice cream. The green of the fig is still there, but it's cool and refreshing and goes so well with the vanilla. Absolutely lovely.