Hello, Boys, Heck Puppy, and Ice Witch

Feb 28, 2022 - 8:47 AM

• Quick scent update-- using the Assbutt buttercream lotion before going out, and then also dabbing on a touch of Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole, and the combination is DIVINE. No other ship smells this good.

• First Impressions time:

Hello, Boys-- right in-bottle, I'm loving it. I was torn on whether or not I needed it my first time around, and I'm glad this time I jumped on it. Haven't yet had the chance to test it on my skin, but it's a delicious spiced cocoa, the chocolate hits you first and the cinnamon is hot on its heels. My mom is a fan of a Mexican hot chocolate, and I love a gourmand scent, so it was a promising buy and I look forward to seeing how it plays with my skin chemistry, but right away, just cracking it open puts one in a warm and happy mood.

Heck Puppy: Heck Puppy was the freebie I selected, and it feels very much like the little sister scent to my beloved Assbutt-- which means my little sister is reaping the benefits, since I just topped up on that. It's sweeter and darker, a little more marshmallow-forward and while not out-and-out girly, just feels more feminine to me. My sister said it smells like our great aunt's old bookshop, sweet and just a little bit mystical, and kind of comforting for her because of the association, but just on its own merits, it's great if you like a gourmand-y note in your perfume but you don't want to smell like a candy store.

Ice Witch: Couldn't test out Hello, Boys on arrival because I am wearing Ice Witch! This one was a surprise freebie, and a huge hit-- one my other sister is going to want to borrow, too. When you first uncap it, you get the sweet peppermint right away. For me, the vanilla came out more as it warmed up on the skin, and you get this Christmas cookies scent-- a little on the feminine side for me, but also impossible to resist. The fennel is strongest on the dry-down, and I wasn't sold on that note reading the description, as I'm not the biggest fan of fennel, but the cardamom and the lingering whisper of vanilla-mint balances it out into something really lovely. Great winter scent, and a real mood pick-me-up.

All in all, of the new scents, there's not a bad one in the bunch, and as a bonus, the women in my life love getting to sniff my Sucreabeille haul even when they aren't making off with free samples. I mean, in my case it's just my mother and sisters, because, gay man. But fellas-who-ARE-interested-in-ladies, I'm just saying. Women are enthusiastic about things that smell great.

Bonus review: Picked up the buttercream lotion (in Assbutt, my beloved), because I am always on the hunt for a good lotion and this one has all my favorite moisturizing ingredients, plus it's allergen-friendly to my sister, so she can look at the other scents it comes in next time I make an order and get herself a jar. Literally I have three different kinds of lotion going in my home as it is-- eczema relief by the kitchen sink, a bath and body works shea body lotion for any time I use the bathroom sink, and a little tube of K-beauty hand creme in my bag for those times I'm away from home and my skin is bad. Assbutt buttercream lotion is now taking over as my bedtime body lotion, where I used to just use the b&bw one final time. LUXURIOUS, and my number one scent out of all my many skin products. Just tried a tiny bit and it sinks right into the skin, no left-behind greasy feeling, just great absorption and a smooth finish.